Bi-fold interior shutters are a great option for window areas where you want shutters to provide maximum coverage while taking up minimal space.
Similar to bifold doors, these shutters fold in a concertina pattern (also known as a Z-fold or accordion fold). They can be used to cover a wide space, yet when folded back they use minimal space as they fold back on themselves.
They are particularly useful in smaller areas, such as the window behind the kitchen sink, above a bathtub or toilet – where you don’t want the folded shutters to stick out at a 90-degree angle.
- bi-fold shutters accordion fold together, then fold flat against the window or wall
- clear-view design (no centre tilt rod)
- in-fit and face-fit available (choose to have them sit inside the window cavity or in front of it)
- available in wood or PVC
- available in up to 2.4 metres total width
- wooden interior shutters are available in 14 standard colours (7 wood stains plus 7 paint colours), with customised colour matching available
- PVC interior shutters are available in 2 standard colours, with customised colour matching available (non-toxic plastic and water-based paint)
- PVC interior shutters are ideal for the kitchen, bathroom, laundry – any room where there is water or steam
- ideal for residential or office use
- 20-year warranty
The many benefits of interior shutters:
Simple to use – open and close with smooth operating fixtures and hinges
Easy to clean – PVC and wood options require just a simple wipe with a duster or a damp cloth
Versatile look – they come in a range of colours and materials, and instantly modernise the décor of any room
Light control – with shutters you have greater control over how much light or sunshine you let in to the room at different times of the day, while also creating greater darkness at night
Allergy friendly – idea for homes where allergies to dust or mould are an issue, as they’re easier to keep dry and clean than curtains
Space saving – fighting up against the window, shutters require less space than curtains and open up a room, making it feel bigger and brighter